This ppt is from a talk on 2 February 2018 to nurses from healthcare settings across Victoria and beyond who contribute to the action learning of Deakin nursing students.
- The distinction of burnout and engagement
- Additional profiles: overextended, disengaged, and ineffective
- Overextended is more pervasive and is often mislabeled as burnout
- Improving workplace social dynamics can make a meaningful contribution.
- The SCORE civility project is designed to improve those relationships
- SCORES provides an example of working on multiple levels
- Individual: Improving one’s participation in the social culture at work.
- Work group: Working together to improve what happens between people
- Organisational: Setting and living supportive policies.