In honor of this week’s academy awards, I wanted to spend some time thinking about what awards could be given out at a truly civil and functional workplace.
- Best Supporting Co-worker: given to the employee who is always willing to lend a hand to co-workers to get them through a tough stretch.
- Best Actor in a Comedic Role: goes to the person whose sense of humor raises the spirits of the group without crossing the line into offensive or inappropriate behavior.
- Best Presenter: At the Oscars the winners get all the glory but in the workplace we can honor the person who best gives praise and accolades to others!
- Best Listener: this award goes to the person who is best able to hear the hopes, dreams, and concerns of his co-workers.
- Best Leader: Not to be confused with best boss, the best leader is the person who helps bring the group to the next level through their words and their actions.
- The Rising Tides Lift All Ships Award: given to the employee who is best able to translate individual success into a success for the whole group.
What other awards would you give out?